Friday, January 29, 2016

Smoothie: Banana Oat Matcha





I'm on a smoothie kick that's gone on for more than a month. At first it was just picking up a "Razzmatazz" from Jamba Juice before heading home or my standard Strawberry Yogurt paired with lunch but ever since I dug out the handheld blender from the kitchen cupboard and started stocking up on bananas, I'm hooked. I try not leave the house without the tumbler filled to the brim in some smoothie goodness. Take note, this is your standard in a cup smoothie, I have yet to graduate to the bowl with toppings and all that jazz.

I'll admit, the color isn't pretty, you'll probably avoid taking a photo and if you did it wouldn't get very many likes, but this baby is very filling and makes me happy.

Which is like, a big deal.


Ingredients:
1 Banana (frozen)
1 Cup Plant Milk (Soy, Almond, or Rice will do. I prefer Soy for this recipe.)
1 1/2 Matcha Powder
2 Tbsp Flax Seeds
1/4 cup Rolled Oats
2-3 Ice Cubes


Method:

I start by blending the banana's, half of the plant milk and the matcha first. Then when it's all smooth I add the flax, oats and the remaining milk. Afterwards I add the ice. Take note, you can put more ice than I did, but I prefer it with less so I get more shake than a melted mess afterwards.


This has become my heading-out-the-door-to-work smoothie that keeps me good until lunch. Hope you guys enjoy it is as much as I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric